Florida Swimming is inviting swimmers to the first National Age Group Open Water Invitational, to be held April 25, 2015 in conjunction with the Open Water Festival at Miromar Lakes (fresh water) in Florida. For more information, download the meet announcement.
Inland Coastal Aquatics Club has provided the following information for this weekend’s JOMAX North Meet at Palomar College in San Marcos:
- Daylight Savings time begins Sunday morning!
- Canopies and chairs will not be allowed on deck. Canopies will be allowed in parking lot 4 next to the pool – no cars will be allowed in this lot.
- The parking lots on the east side of Comet Circle (3, 3B, 5 & 14) will be FREE (do not have to pay) for this meet.
Estimated Meet Timeline:
- Friday PM session starts at 5:00 pm; ends at 6:00 pm
- Saturday session starts at 9:00 am; ends approximately 2:30 pm plus any relays
- Sunday session starts at 9:00 am; ends approximately 2:00 pm plus any relays
Saturday Warmup Assignments:
- 0645-0730 – ICAC. 0730-0810 – RSD, RAQ, ACE. 0810-0850 – PS, CALI, OSC, PAC, RST, MEYR, FAST.
Sunday Warmup Assignments:
- 0730-0810 – PS, ICAC, RAQ, PAC, ACE. 0810-0850 – RSD, CALI, OSC, RST, MEYR, FAST, BFST.
Lane Timing Assignments:
|1||ICAC / ICAC||ICAC / ICAC
|2||ICAC / ICAC||ICAC / ICAC
|3||RAQ / CALI||ICAC / RAQ
|4||RSD / RSD||RSD / RSD
|5||RSD / RSD||RSD / RSD
|6||RSD / RSD||RSD / RSD
|7||PS / PS||PS / PS
|8||PS / PS||PS / PS
|9||PAC / RST||OSC / ACE
The Mission Valley YMCA Seals are looking for an Assistant Coach to help with all age levels and swim groups. Under the guidance of the Aquatics Director, the Swim Coach will assist in instruction and coaching of the swim team in accordance with the YMCA of San Diego County and/or USA Swimming standards. The position is part-time. Applications can be completed online or applicants may contact Sierra Boehrig at email@example.com for more info.
Heartland Swim Association has provided the following information for this weekend’s JOMAX South Meet at Granite Hills HS in El Cajon:
The meet program is available as a free download from www.heartlandswim.org.
Estimated Meet Timeline:
- Friday PM session starts at 7:00 pm; ends at 8:05 pm
- Saturday session starts at 9:00 am; ends approximately 12:30 pm plus any relays
- Sunday session starts at 9:00 am; ends approximately 12:20 pm plus any relays
Warmup Assignments: Both days
- 0715-0800 – SBA and HSA. 0800-0845 – All other teams
Lane Timing Assignments:
|1||MRA / MRA||MRA / MRA
|2||MRA / MRA||MRA / MRA
|3||SBA / SBA||SBA / SBA
|4||SBA / SBA||SBA / SBA
|5||SBA / SBA||SBA / SBA
|6||CAST / CAST||CAST / CAST
|7||CAST / CAST||CAST / CAST
|8||MVY / WSST||MVY / SDAC
The Rancho San Dieguito Swim Team is looking for experienced age-group swim coaches to work with our competitive swimmers. Successful candidates will have a minimum of 1 year of coaching experience with a USA registered swim program. Coaching duties include daily practices, attendance at 1-2 weekend swim meets per month, regular staff meetings, and swim team administration duties. ASCA membership, CPR/AED, Lifeguarding and additional certifications are preferred. Please send a letter of application, resume, and three professional references to: Head Age Group Coach Nicole Douglas, NDouglas@bgcsandieguito.org.
North Coast Aquatics is seeking a part time assistant coach. This position is hourly and can build to full time. Applicant must be able to work afternoons staring in April/May. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume if you are interested in applying.
USA Swimming has distributed a handy checklist for coaches who want to join USA Swimming or renew an existing membership. In addition, San Diego-Imperial Swimming has provided a new sign-off form required from USA Swimming for Safety Training for Swim Coaches in water skills. This needs to be sent to the Swim office with the online completion certificate in order to update Safety Training for Swim Coaches, effective today.
The final results of the San Diego-Imperial Swimming-hosted Short Course Junior Olympics held 20-22 February 2015 at the Poway Community Swim Center have been posted. North Coast Aquatics took home the overall team championship with 3933 points, followed by Rancho San Dieguito Swimming (2753.5) and South Bay Aquatics (2571.5). Individual High Point winners were:
- 10&Under Girls: Emily Lundgren of South Bay Aquatics
- 10&Under Boys: Lan Zhu of North Coast Aquatics
- 11-12 Girls: Taylor Moultrie of College Area Swim Team
- 11-12 Boys: (tie) Jeffrey Keppler of College Area Swim Team and Cassidy Liu of North Coast Aquatics
- 13-14 Girls: Danielle Nowaski of College Area Swim Team
- 13-14 Boys: Joshua He of Rancho San Dieguito
2015 HiPoint Winners
San Diego-Imperial Swimming has provided the following information regarding this weekend’s upcoming Short Course Junior Olympics at the Poway Community Swim Center:
- Friday PM: Start 5:00 pm, finish 7:00 pm
- Saturday Prelims: Start 9:00 am, finish 12:30 pm
- Saturday Finals: Start not before 3:00 pm, finish 6:30 pm
- Sunday Prelims: Start 9:00 am, finish 1:25 pm (includes 2 heats of 1650s)
- Sunday Finals: Start not before 2:30 pm, finish 6:45 pm
Team Jobs and Lane Timing Assignments: See the handout (PDF)
The final results of the San Diego-Imperial Swimming-hosted President’s Day Senior Classic held 13-16 February at the Brian Bent Memorial Aquatics Complex in Coronado have now been posted. Under nearly perfect San Diego conditions, almost 500 senior swimmers created over 2400 individual event splashes over the 3 and a half day competition. The Walnut Creek Aquabears put on a team swimming clinic, and took home the team trophy with an amazing 2355.5 points, far outdistancing Pacific Swim (1087) and College Area Swim Team (963). Sarah Nowaski (College Area Swim Team) was the women’s high-point winner, and Bobby Guerra (Fallbrook Associated Swim Team) took the same award on the men’s side. (pictured)
Of course, Senior Classic meet results are available on the Meet Mobile app for your smartphone…search for “2015 SI Presidents’ Day Senior Classic”. But if you don’t have a smartphone, you can also get the results on our website here!
At the San Diego-Imperial Swimming Bid Meeting held on 21 January 2015, five meets from the proposed 2015 long course season were not bid upon and are being sent out for reconsideration. The meets available for rebid are:
- March 21-22, ABC All Ages LC
- April 18-19, C All Ages SC
- May 22-24, JO Max All Ages Meet LC
- May 29-31, JO Min All Ages Meet LC
- June 13-14, BC All Ages North SC
For more information, please download the ReBid Package. All rebids must be received at the SI Swim Office by 2:30 pm on Wednesday, 11 February 2015. The Program Committee will meet to consider these bids that evening at 8:00 p.m. at the All Sports Swim Office.
The swim office will be closed on Monday February 16 in observance of Presidents Day.
The 2015 President’s Day Senior Swimming Classic is all set to begin a 4-day run of heated competition this Friday at the Brian Bent Memorial Aquatics Complex in Coronado. 489 senior swimmers, almost half from outside of the San Diego area, are entered in this annual event. Competition begins Friday evening with timed finals for the 1000 Y freestyle, with warmups beginning at 4 pm and the first heat leaves the blocks at 5 pm. The projected timelines:
- Friday night: Start 5:00pm, Finish 6:54 pm
- Saturday prelims: Start 9:00am, Finish 1:20 pm. Finals TBA
- Sunday prelims: Start 9:00am, finish 12:30 pm. Finals TBA
- Monday prelims: Start 9:00am, finish 1:30 pm (1650 heats begin at 11:15 am). Finals begin 3:00pm
SI Team Job Assignments: See the handout
The results of the Fallbrook Associated Swim Team-hosted 12 & Under ABC North Meet held 6-8 February 2015 at the Fallbrook HS pool in Fallbrook have been posted.