The 2016 President’s Day Senior Swimming Classic is all set to begin a 4-day run of heated competition this Friday at the Brian Bent Memorial Aquatics Complex in Coronado. 611 senior swimmers, (25% more than last year) with more than half from outside of the San Diego area, are entered in this annual event. Competition begins Friday evening with timed finals for the 1000 Y freestyle, with warmups beginning at 4 pm and the first heat leaves the blocks at 5 pm. The projected timelines:
- Friday night: Start 5:00pm, Finish 7:50 pm
- Saturday prelims: Start 9:00am, Finish 2:30 pm. Finals TBA
- Sunday prelims: Start 9:00am, finish 1:30 pm. Finals TBA
- Deck-entered Time Trails during the break
- Monday prelims: Start 9:00am, finish 2:00 pm (1650 heats begin at 11:45 am). Finals begin 3:30pm
SI Team Job Assignments: See the handout
Meet Program / Psych Sheets: This year, we will not be selling or providing a meet program on deck. The complete meet program (36 pages) is available online for free – everyone is encouraged to download the meet program in advance and print it out, if desired, before coming to the meet venue.
The SI Swimming Short Course LSC Records were updated today.
Pacific Swim is accepting resumes for coaches for all group levels. We are looking for someone with coaching experience. Applicants will need to pass a background check and get proper certification for a USA Swimming card. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested; the job opening is available starting immediately.
The results of the South Bay Aquatics-hosted 12 & Under ABC South Meet held 29-31 January 2016 at the Mater Dei HS pool in Chula Vista have been posted.
The results of the Fallbrook Associated Swim Team-hosted 12 & Under ABC North Meet held 29-31 January 2016 at the Fallbrook HS pool in Fallbrook have been posted.
Fallbrook Associated Swim Team has provided the following information regarding this weekend’s 12 & Under ABC North Meet at the Fallbrook HS pool in Fallbrook: No meet program will be available – print your own psych sheets prior to arriving.
- Friday night: Session begins at 6:00 pm, finishes approximately 6:40 pm.
- Saturday AM: Begins at 9:00 am, finishes approx. 11:00 am.
- Saturday 2nd session: Begins approx. 11:45 am, finishes approx. 1:45 pm.
- Sunday AM: Begins at 9:00am, finishes approx. 10:30 am.
- Sunday 2nd session: Begins approx 11:15 am, finishes approx. 12:30 pm.
Warmup Assignments: Saturday and Sunday:
- 0730-0815: RAQ, ICAC, PS. 0815-0900: RSD, PAC, all other teams.
- The dive pool will be available until the 1st session ends each day. ½ hr prior to the start of the 2nd session, the main pool will be available
|Lane||Saturday AM||Saturday PM||Sunday AM||Sunday PM
|1||MEYR / ICAC||RAQ / OSC||MEYR / ICAC||ICAC / RAQ
|2||RAQ /RAQ||PAQ / PQ||PAC / PAC||RSD / RSD
|3||PS / PS||PS / PS||PS / PS||RSD / RSD
|4||PAC / PAC||RSD / RSD||RAQ / RAQ||PS / PS
|5||RSD / RSD||ICAC / ICAC||RSD / RSD||PS / PS
|6||FAST / FAST||FAST / FAST||FAST / FAST||PAC / OSC
The results of the Heartland Swim Association-hosted 11 & Over No Time Standard Meet held 22-24 January 2016 at the Granite Hills HS pool in El Cajon have been posted.
North Coast Aquatics is seeking a part time assistant coach.This position is hourly and can build to full time. Please email email@example.com with a resume if you are interested in applying.
South Bay Aquatics has provided the following information regarding this weekend’s 12 & Under ABC South Meet at the Mater Dei Catholic HS pool in Chula Vista: Canopies will be allowed on the North side of the pool behind the starting blocks, in the designated area only. Detailed meet information can be found on Meet Mobile as well as www.southbayaquatics.org
- Friday night: Session begins at 6:00 pm, finishes approximately 6:30 pm.
- Saturday: Begins at 9:00am, finishes approx. 12:30 pm.
- Sunday: Begins at 9:00am, finishes approx. 12:00 noon.
Warmup Assignments: Saturday and Sunday:
- 0730-0810: SBA and MRA. 0810-0850: All other teams.
|1||WSST / SDAC||MRA / MRA
|2||HSA / HSA||HSA / HSA
|3||CNSA / CNSA||CNSA / CNSA
|4||MRA / MRA||CAST / CAST
|5||CAST / CAST||SBA / SBA
|6||CAST / SBA||SBA / SBA
|7||SBA / SBA||SBA / SBA
|8||SBA / SBA & SDY||WSST / SDY
Heartland Swim Association has provided the following information regarding this weekend’s 11 & Over NTS Meet at the Granite Hills HS pool in El Cajon: HSA will not be selling a program at this meet- a PDF of the program is available below. Meet Mobile will be in use as well.
- Friday night: Session begins at 5:00pm, finishes approximately 6:40 pm.
- Saturday: Begins at 9:00am, finishes about 1:30 pm. 500 Free’s begin approximately 12:25 pm.
- Sunday: Begins at 9:00am, finishes about 1:00 pm. 1000 Free’s begin approximately 11:50 am.
Warmup Assignments – Saturday & Sunday:
- 0715 – 0800: South teams. 0800 – 0845: North teams.
Lane Timing Assignments:
|1||PAC / PAC||PAC / PAC
|2||CAST / CAST||CAST / CAST
|3||CAST / PS||CAST / PS
|4||PS / PS||PS / PS
|5||PS / PS||PS / PS
|6||SBA / SBA||SBA / SBA
|7||SBA / ICAC||SBA / ICAC
|8||NCA / NCA||NCA / NCA
|9||MRA / RST||MRA / RST
|10||SDY / SDAC||SDY / SDAC
The results of the SI-hosted San Diego-Imperial vs Sierra Nevada All-Star Dual Meet held 16-17 January 2016 at the UCSD Canyonview pool in La Jolla have been posted. All-Star team Head Coach Skye Johnson reports that the team swam very well and had “tons of fun” under gorgeous sunny skies, and defeated Sierra Nevada Swimming by a final score of 2206 to 1631. The SI team posed for a poolside photo…
The meet program for the 2016 All-Star Dual Meet is now available for download. Since the meet is pre-seeded, that means that you can also check heat and lane assignments in advance. Anyone wanting a copy of the meet program is encouraged to download a copy and print it out before coming to the pool, as there will be no copies for sale or distribution on deck.
At the San Diego-Imperial Swimming Bid Meeting held on 12 January 2016, one meet from the proposed 2016 long course season was not bid upon, and is being sent out for reconsideration. The meet available for rebid is:
- One location for the split July 8-10 AB All Ages Meet LC
For more information, please download the ReBid Package. All rebids must be received at the SI Swim Office by 2:30 pm on Tuesday, 23 February 2016. The Program Committee will consider these bids at it’s next regular meeting, on Tuesday, 23 February 2016 at 8:00 p.m. at the Kearny Mesa Filippi’s Pizza.
It was recently discovered that the event file for the 2016 SCJOs contained a time standard error for event 65, the 11-12 Girls 50Y backstroke. The correct qualifying time is 33.99. The event file (normally used only by coaches preparing team entries) has been updated as of this morning and can be downloaded from the usual location (our Meets page).
The San Diego-Imperial Swimming office will be closed Monday, January 18, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.