We are soliciting nominations for the 2016 “Judy Ortwein” Service Award. This award recognizes a single outstanding SI volunteer for their contributions over the year. Volunteers are the backbone of our LSC and we could not operate without our great volunteers. Please nominate anyone you feel deserving of this award by sending an email with their name and a brief description of why you believe this person is deserving of the award, to the Board of Directors at email@example.com. The board will review the nominees and select an honoree. The winner will be announced at the November House of Delegates meeting.
San Diego Aquatic Club is looking for an assistant swim coach to work with its year round swim program. Currently SDAC practices out of Rancho Bernardo High School in northern San Diego county. Hourly compensation will be commensurate with experience. A minimum of 10 hours per week in the early evenings and some weekends is expected. Up-to-date certifications in CPR, First Aid, and Water Safety for Swim Coaches (we can help if needed) are required, and a competitive swimming background or coaching is preferred. Interested parties should submit a resume, cover letter, two references, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.swimsdac.com for further information.
The results of the ICAC-hosted JOMAX North Meet and the SBA-hosted JOMAX South Meet held 13-14 August 2016 have been posted. With these two meets in the books, that concludes the Summer 2016 swimming season for San Diego-Imperial Swimming! The Winter 2016-2017 season will begin with the Freestyle Festival meets in late September.
The San Diego Padres have invited all SI swimmers, their families, and teammates to a special appreciation night for the local swim community on Friday, August 19th. The Padres will be playing the Arizona Diamondbacks and the game begins at Petco park at 7:40 pm. Special ticket pricing will be in effect, and all swimmers will receive a commemorative Padres swim cap. Teams are encouraged to order their tickets together so they can sit together and cheer on the Padres. For complete information and the ticket order form, download the Swimmer’s Night Flyer.
Inland Coastal Aquatics Club has provided the following information regarding this weekend’s JOMAX North Meet at the Palomar College pool in San Marcos:
Meet Program: Available for download.
- Saturday: Begins at 9:00 am, finishes around 1:15 pm.
- Sunday: Begins at 9:00 am, finishes around 12:00 noon.
- Detailed Timeline
- Saturday & Sunday: 0700-0730: ICAC. 0730-0800: RAQ, FAST, BFST and CALI. 0800-0830: RSD, RST and MEYR. 0830-0900: Everyone else.
Lane Timing Assignments:
|1||CALI / RST||RST / RST
|2||ICAC / ICAC||ICAC / ICAC
|3||RSD / RSD||RSD / RSD
|4||RSD / RSD||RSD / RSD
|5||RSD / RSD||RSD / RSD
|6||PS / PS||PS / PS
|7||RAQ / RAQ||RAQ / RAQ
|8||FAST / FAST||FAST / FAST
|9||PQAC / BFST||PQAC / BFST
South Bay Aquatics has provided the following information regarding this weekend’s JOMAX South Meet at the Mater Dei Catholic HS pool in Chula Vista:
Meet Program: Available for download.
- Saturday: Begins at 9:00 am, finishes around 2:50 pm plus relays.
- Sunday: Begins at 9:00 am, finishes around 1:30 pm plus relays.
- Detailed Timeline
- Saturday & Sunday: 0730-0810 – SBA and CAST. 0810-0850 – All other teams.
Lane Timing Assignments:
|1||MRA / MRA||MRA / MRA
|2||IVDA / IVDA||IVDA / IVDA
|3||CAST / CAST||CAST / CAST
|4||HSA / HSA||HSA / HSA
|5||HSA / HSA||HSA / HSA
|6||SBA / SBA||SBA / SBA
|7||SBA / SBA||SBA / SBA
|8||SDY / SDAC||SDY / SBA
Please like the San Diego-Imperial Swimming facebook page, located here: https://facebook.com/SanDiegoImperialSwimming/. It can also be accessed via the link on our website, next to the USA Swimming link. All posts on the website should be duplicated there as well.
NCA is looking for assistant coaches to work with their age group and senior programs starting in August. As one of the first coach owned clubs, NCA
is always on the look out for innovative and hard working coaches to join its staff. These positions are hourly with review after 90 days and range between 10-20 hours a week. Please email email@example.com
with a resume if you are interested in applying.
Western Zone Team Head Coach Sean Redmond (FAST) announced the 51 swimmers (25 girls, 26 boys) who have been chosen to represent San Diego-Imperial Swimming in the upcoming 2016 Western Zones Championships to be held in Kearns, Utah. Zone Team assistant coaches include John Bixler (ICAC), Skye Johnson (RSD), Krissy Payton (SBA), and Kristyn Evans (NCA). A complete list of athletes is available. Congratulations to all and good luck at Zones!
San Diego Imperial swimmers set 8 new San Diego-Imperial and 25 new Long Course Junior Olympic records at the recently concluded 2016 Long Course Junior Olympics. A total of 20 new individual and 5 new relay marks were established. New SI Swimming LSC records (which are also JO records) were set by:
- Delaney Alonso (PS) 10 & Under Girls 50M Fly, 32.66
- SBA (E Lundgren, C Hagewood, P Castillo, A Martha) 11-12 Girls 200M Medley Relay, 2:07.60
- SBA (E Lundgren, A Martha, P Castillo, C Hagewood) 11-12 Girls 200M Free Relay, 1:54.22
- Lucius Brown (NCA) 11-12 Boys 100M Free, 58.22
- NCA (L Zhu, B Ellis, N Parsons, L Brown) 11-12 Boys 200M Free Relay, 1:50.62
- NCA (L Brown, N Parsons, L Zhu, B Ellis) 11-12 Boys 200M Medley Relay, 2:02.48
- NCA (C Liu, J Lee, M Parker, C Mes) 13-14 Boys 400M Medley Relay, 4:17.22
- Brendan Santana (PS) 15-16 Boys 100M Fly, 55.46
New JO Records were set by:
- Delaney Alonso (PS) 10 & Under Girls 50M Back, 34.81
- Delaney Alonso (PS) 10 & Under Girls 100M Back, 1:16.13
- Cassidy Wong (PS) 10 & Under Girls 200M IM, 2:45.18
- Isabella Abrajan (UN) 11-12 Girls 200M Back, 2:25.66
- Emily Lundgren (SBA) 11-12 Girls 200M Breast, 2:48.03
- Isabella Abrajan (UN) 11-12 Girls 200M Fly, 2:24.01
- Isabella Abrajan (UN) 11-12 Girls 400M IM, 5:10.13
- Lucius Brown (NCA) 11-12 Boys 50M Free, 26.94
- Lucius Brown (NCA) 11-12 Boys 200M Free, 2:08.94
- Lan Zhu (NCA) 11-12 Boys 200M Back, 2:28.00
- Nathaniel Parsons (NCA) 11-12 Boys 100M Breast, 1:14.61
- Nathaniel Parsons (NCA) 11-12 Boys 200M Breast, 2:45.72
- Nathaniel Parsons (NCA) 11-12 Boys 200M IM, 2:25.74
- Laney Hall (HSA) 13-14 Girls 100M Free, 59.01
- Juli Arzave (SBA) 13-14 Girls 1500M Free, 17:25.68
- Edwin Lim (RSD) 13-14 Boys 100M Fly, 59.78
- Jack Spitser (BFST) 15-18 Boys 400M IM, 4:34.55
The final results of the San Diego-Imperial Swimming-hosted Long Course Junior Olympics held 28-31 July at the Brian Bent Memorial Aquatics Complex in Coronado have been posted. Once again, a very talented North Coast Aquatics team dominated the overall team championship with 5154 points, followed by Pacific Swim (3178) and South Bay Aquatics (2959.5). A number of new JO and SI records were set – more on those in an upcoming article. Individual High Point winners were:
- 10&Under Girls: Cassidy Wong of Pacific Swim
- 10&Under Boys: Austin Lathrop of Pacific Swim
- 11-12 Girls: Cecilia Hagewood of South Bay Aquatics
- 11-12 Boys: Tie between Nathaniel Parsons and Lucius Brown, both of North Coast Aquatics
- 13-14 Girls: Juli Arzave of South Bay Aquatics
- 13-14 Boys: Connor Mes of North Coast Aquatics
- 15-18 Women: Kalie Novosedliak of North Coast Aquatics
- 15-18 Men: Mitchell Stoddard of College Area Swim Team
San Diego-Imperial Swimming has released the estimated meet timeline, warm-up, team job and lane timing assignments for this week’s upcoming Long Course Junior Olympics championship meet. This year the Coronado BBMAC facility has announced that no team/individual canopies will be allowed on the pool deck. Teams may set up their “campsites” and canopies outside the pool fence after 5 pm on Wednesday evening. We are looking forward to a fast and exciting meet!
Timelines: This year the officials plan to start events from both ends of the pool during prelims (chase starts), so the timeline is very approximate and subject to change. It could be significantly faster than our normal estimates:
- Thursday: Prelims start 9:00 am,finish about 2:00 pm.
- Friday: Prelims start 9:00am, finish 3:00 pm.
- Saturday: Prelims start 9:00am, finish 2:00pm.
- Sunday: Prelims start 9:00am, finish 2:00pm. (800s start about 12:00 noon)
- By rule, finals start no earlier than 2 hours after the conclusion of prelims. Each day’s finals should run about 3 hours.
Team job and lane timing assignments (PDF)
The results of the Fallbrook Associated Swim Team-hosted C All Ages Meet held 23-24 July 2016 at the Fallbrook HS pool in Fallbrook have been posted.
The San Diego-Imperial Swimming office will be closed Friday, July 29.
A record number of entries have been received for the upcoming San Diego-Imperial Long Course Junior Olympics, to be held 28-31 July in Coronado. 717 swimmers from 22 different SI teams are entered in the meet, and are entered in 2,980 individual events and 256 relay events. The number of swimmers and individual entries both eclipsed the previous record, set last year. A breakdown of the entries by team is available for review.